Start date : When we find the right person
About us: At SmartHalo, we believe that cycling is the future of urban transport. It’s the solution to the pains of city life: pollution, congestion and overloaded public transit. Using a savvy mix of cutting-edge technology and minimalist design, we’re encouraging people to choose their bikes.
We’re a team of creators: engineers, designers, business and sales people. We’re a passionate, hardworking bunch. Our offices are at the center of the universe (Montreal’s Mile-End). In 2015, we took Kickstarter by storm with an award-winning circular interface that resonated with cyclists all over the world. Now, we’ve shipped over 15,000 units in 72 countries and are the only Canadian hardware product sold at the Apple Store. But the best is yet to come: we’ve only scratched the surface and we want to bring SmartHalo to every cyclist.
About you: We are looking for a mobile developer to help us continue our development efforts on our Android app.
Our goal is to create amazing products and our app is this ecosystem main interface since it allows our users to configure their SmartHalo and track their data.
Your duties would include :
- Specify and implement new functionalities in the app
- Maintain and improve current functionalities
- Propose new design patterns
- Participate in work planning in an agile environment.
As a successful candidate, you might have :
- A team player spirit
- 2+ years of Android app development
- An in-depth understanding of Java development
- A desire to create quality products
- A great expertise in software architecture for client-side applications
- Sharp Git skills
- A thirst for learning new technologies and skills
- The ability to easily articulate your thoughts and opinions
- Near native proficiency in spoken and written French and English.
- Bonus : You know our product and have ideas and how to improve it
- Bonus : You have played around with Reactive Extensions
- Bonus : You have some iOS development experience
While working at SmartHalo you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Work with a team of dynamic creators
- Flexible hours and great work/life balance
- Discover the latest technologies and perfect your craft
- Enjoy regular office events and an outstanding company culture
If you ever wanted to create something great and create livable cities by making cycling smarter and easier, shoot us an email at email@example.com.