Start date : when we find the right person
About us: At SmartHalo, we believe that cycling is the future of urban transport. It’s the solution to the pains of city life: pollution, congestion and overloaded public transit. Using a savvy mix of cutting-edge technology and minimalist design, we’re encouraging people to choose their bikes.
We’re a team of creators: engineers, designers, business and sales people. We’re a passionate, hardworking bunch. Our offices are at the center of the universe (Montreal’s Mile-End). In 2015, we took Kickstarter by storm with an award-winning circular interface that resonated with cyclists all over the world. Now, we’ve shipped over 15,000 units in 72 countries and are the only Canadian hardware product sold at the Apple Store. But the best is yet to come: we’ve only scratched the surface and we want to bring SmartHalo to every cyclist.
About you: We are looking for a technology creator to help build our server management and data analyses. Our goal is to create amazing products and the backend represents an important part of this ecosystem as it provides services to our mobile apps and helps us analyze our usage data.
Your duties would include :
- Deploy and administer our application and data servers
- Creating infrastructure to process millions of GPS data points from all over the world
- Leading our backend development efforts
- Specifying, creating and maintaining functionalities on our backend
- Gathering feedback, planning and reviewing all work done on our backend
As a successful candidate, you might have :
- Experience deploying AWS and/or Google Cloud environments
- Experience with multiple DBMS with extremely large data sets
- A team player spirit and experience managing others
- 5+ years experience creating and maintaining backend APIs
- Experience using Node.js or any other backend language
- A desire to create quality products
- Amazing communication skills
- A thirst to learn new things
Bonus : you are familiar with our product and have ideas on how to improve it.
While working at SmartHalo you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Work with a team of dynamic creators
- Flexible hours and great work/life balance
- Discover the latest technologies and perfect your craft
- Enjoy regular office events and an outstanding company culture
If you ever wanted to create something great and create livable cities by making cycling smarter and easier, shoot us an email at email@example.com.