Start Date: When we find the right person
About us: At SmartHalo, we believe that cycling is the future of urban mobility. It’s the solution to the pains of city life: pollution, congestion and overloaded public transit. Using a savvy mix of cutting-edge technology and minimalist design, we’re encouraging people to choose their bikes.
We’re a team of creators: engineers, designers, business and sales people. We’re a passionate, hardworking bunch. Our offices are at the center of the universe (Montreal’s Mile-End). In 2015, we took Kickstarter by storm with an award-winning circular interface that resonated with cyclists all over the world. Now, we’ve shipped tens of thousands of units around the world, and are the only Canadian hardware product sold at the Apple Store. But the best is yet to come: we’ve only scratched the surface and we want to bring SmartHalo to every cyclist.
About you: Designing an IoT device requires a tight collaboration between several disciplines. As a Creative Technologist, you help bridge the gap between teams and efforts by designing and developing tools that will help SmartHalo reach its goals. Your understanding of tech will help shape the experience of the customer’s journey with SmartHalo, as you contribute to the startup’s marketing, design and product development. Your curiosity, open mind and constant desire for improvement makes SmartHalo’s touch points with customers that much better.
The duties will include:
- working with designers, marketers and developers to design, develop and maintain digital solutions that shape the SmartHalo user experience
- build proof of concepts to allow us to illustrate and validate ideas internally and with our customers
- bring technical and design support to the marketing team’s communications platforms such as the website, e-commerce platform, email marketing and more
- come up with tech solutions that can help SmartHalo’s teams reach their goals
- be on the lookout for innovative tech and design trends and report to the team the feasibility of its integration into the SmartHalo experience
- research technical documentation, APIs, integration with 3rd party technologies and more to confirm project requirements, expectations and specific details
The successful candidate might have:
- an open and creative mind
- 5+ years of experience in a design/marketing/UX/front-end dev position
- a kickass portfolio
- an understanding of consumer product lifecycles and trends
- a broad understanding and interest in technology
- an understanding of cycling and urban mobility
- a critical stance on tech and the ability to discern a trend from a fad
Interested? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org