Start Date: When we find the right person
About us: At SmartHalo, we believe that cycling is the future of urban mobility. It’s the solution to the pains of city life: pollution, congestion and overloaded public transit. Using a savvy mix of cutting-edge technology and minimalist design, we’re encouraging people to choose their bikes.
We’re a team of creators: engineers, designers, business and sales people. We’re a passionate, hardworking bunch. Our offices are at the center of the universe (Montreal’s Mile-End). In 2015, we took Kickstarter by storm with an award-winning circular interface that resonated with cyclists all over the world. Now, we’ve shipped tens of thousands of units around the world, and are the only Canadian hardware product sold at the Apple Store. But the best is yet to come: we’ve only scratched the surface and we want to bring SmartHalo to every cyclist.
About you: We are looking for a talented logistician to help manage, optimize and scale our supply chain, from our suppliers all the way to the hands of our final clients. Your goal would be to reduce friction and waste in the sourcing, production and distribution, so that we can reinvest these resources in creating amazing products that cyclists will love.
Your duties will include:
- Overseeing, improving and reducing costs in the entire supply chain by building and maintaining an MRP and any other relevant tools.
- Making sure that components arrive on time at the right price to our manufacturing partners.
- Making sure that final units get into our customers bikes at their expected delivery time, at low cost, with full tracability.
- Optimizing our cash-to-cash cycle by ordering and producing just the right number of subassemblies and final units at the just right time.
- Collaborating with the Chief Hardware Officer to find cheaper alternative components that reduce costs and manage the scrap factor.
- Collaborating with the Growth Strategist to forecast the number of units to be produced and organize its dispatch around the world.
- Collaborating with the Financial Strategist to manage inventory and stabilize the gross margins.
As a successful candidate, you might have :
- An obsessive, borderline insane attention to detail
- A team player spirit
- 5+ years experience in operations management
- Experience using ERPs and MRPs
- A desire to create quality products
- Amazing communication skills
- A thirst to learn new things
- Bonus : you are familiar with our product and have ideas on how to improve it.
While working at SmartHalo you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Work with a team of dynamic creators
- Flexible hours and great work/life balance
- Discover the latest technologies and perfect your craft
- Enjoy regular office events and an outstanding company culture
If you ever wanted to create something great and create livable cities by making cycling smarter and easier, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org