Montreal, October 4, 2017 — Montreal-based startup SmartHalo Technologies Inc, the urban mobility technology innovator, announced today that its connected device for urban cyclists, the SmartHalo® is now available on Apple.com and at all Apple stores in the US and Canada. The SmartHalo® is available for US $149 (CAD $199).
With its circular, award-winning minimalist interface, the SmartHalo® shows the quickest and safest paths to destination, lights the way at night and keeps the bike safe against thieves with its integrated alarm system. It’s the smart biking system cyclists have been waiting for.
The SmartHalo® addresses the current challenges of today’s urban mobility and contributes to greener, more human cities. With its sleek design, SmartHalo® attaches securely to any type of bike handlebar and pairs by Bluetooth with the SmartHalo® application, available on the App Store. While cycling, the iPhone stays in the pocket or the purse, keeping the user safe as all the relevant information is shown using the tactile circular interface and contextual sounds:
- Precise and intuitive navigation designed to take the safest and fastest routes, while keeping the eyes on the road.
- A powerful front light that makes night rides journeys safer and more enjoyable that automatically turn on and off depending on the time of the day.
- An alarm designed to trigger a loud sound when the bike is tampered with, to prevent bike theft.
- A series of enhanced fitness features that automatically track and analyze fitness metrics without having to press start or stop. All this data can be automatically synced with Apple’s Health app.
- The personal assistant notifies you of incoming calls with a simple blue dot at the center of the interface.
SmartHalo® took the cycling world by storm with its Kickstarter and pre-sale campaign with 10,000 units of its connected device having now been sold and delivered to a community of satisfied customers in over 72 countries.
“We are passionate about cycling, technology and urbanism. With SmartHalo®, we want to help fight climate change by making bikes an increasingly popular means of urban transport,” said Xavier Peich, Co-Founder and CEO.
– 30 –
Join the SmartHalo community on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
Download assets via the press kit here: https://www.smarthalo.bike/media/
SmartHalo Technologies Inc.
About SmartHalo Technologies Inc.
SmartHalo Technologies Inc. is a Canadian company founded in 2014. The first product, SmartHalo®, has been wildly successful thanks to its crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter, which raised almost ten times the initial goal. After delivering all SmartHalo pre-orders to its initial backers, SmartHalo Technologies Inc. is launching in retail in North America and Europe to solve the biggest challenges in urban mobility.
About the SmartHalo®
SmartHalo is a connected device that installs on the handlebar of any bike and to turn it a smart bike. By pairing to the user’s smartphone, SmartHalo offers a wide range of features that meet the mobility and safety required by all cyclists. Thanks to its integrated navigation system, its easy-to-follow fitness data and its strident alarm that triggers in case of theft attempt, and many other options, SmartHalo is a must-have for urban cyclists.